Paying Your Taxes
Please be advised that the State of New Jersey does not allow the tax collector to acknowledge postmarks, therefore taxes must be received in the office on or before the end of the grace period (the tenth of the month due) by 3:00 pm. However, if the tenth falls on a weekend or legal holiday, you have until the next business day to make payment. All payments may be made by cash, check, or money order.
- When paying in person, bring your entire bill with you so that we may receipt the back of the bill for you.
- When paying by mail, send the stub with your check and or if you wish to have a receipt, please send the entire bill with a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Howell Township Tax Collector
PO Box 580
Howell, NJ 07731
Double Check Your Checks
It is quite often necessary to return checks that are incorrectly written. These errors can result in delays that may cause interest charges for late payments. By following the pointers listed below we hope some of these most common errors can be avoided.
- Ensure the amount written out matches the amount in the number box. This is the most common error.
- Your check must be made payable to the Township Of Howell only.
- Make sure your check is signed and dated.
- Please make sure the account you are writing the check on is valid.