Drop Box for Payments
Drop box Now Available for 24 Hour Access to Drop Off Tax & Sewer Utility Payments
(Located at the rear exterior center of the municipal building to the left prior to the entrance doors.)
The Tax and Utility Collector’s now has 24 hour access to drop off Tax and Sewer Utility payments. The drop box is available 7 days a week/365 days a year for payment drop off when:
- Your work schedule prevents you from coming to the Collection office during normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm).
- The weekends are a more convenient alternative for you to drop off your payment.
- It is getting close to the end of the grace period and you are concerned your payment will not be received in time to avoid interest.
- It is simply more convenient to use the drop box during normal business hours.
- Payments left in the after-hours drop box will be retrieved once daily by 9am every business day.
- Payments placed in the drop box are not considered “received” until they are removed from the drop box by the Tax Collector’s staff and entered into the Tax Collector’s system after the 9am daily pick-up. Your cancelled check is your receipt.
- For late payments, interest will be calculated to the business day the payment is retrieved to Collection office and posted the corresponding account.
- Cash payment are NOT PERMITTED in the drop box.
- Please do not postdate your checks. We are unable to hold them as New Jersey statutes require payments to be deposited within 48 hours of receipt.
- Please use a sealed envelope with the payment remittance stub to submit your payment to the drop box. Your block & lot information should be written in the memo section of the check. Please verify that the written amount of the check matches the numerical amount and the check is signed.
- The location of the drop box is monitored by a security camera at all times.