Sewer Service Charge
Sewer collection due dates are as follows: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. By resolution the Township Council permits a grace period. The grace period for the current year is 10 calendar days. All tax payments are to be received in the Utility Collector’s Office by 3:00 pm on the tenth day of the month in which they are due. Should the tenth fall on a weekend or holiday the following regular business day will be the last day of the grace period. Any payments received after 3:00 pm will be posted on the following business day with all interest and penalties due for that posting date.
Please call (732) 938-5970 for current sewer rates.
A Municipal Liens Sale is held annually to settle delinquent accounts. Municipal charges include but are not limited to: taxes, sewer charges, special assessments, bulk pickup fees and pad fees.
Help Us Help You
If any of the following pertain to you, please read through for some tips to help us help you.
Buying and Selling
- When you sell your home, make a copy of your bill for your records and present the new owner with the original bill at the closing.
- Failure to receive a sewer bill does not exempt you from paying sewer or the interest due on delinquent sewer charges.
Paying Your Sewer Bill
Please be advised that the State of New Jersey does not allow the Tax and Utility Collector to acknowledge postmarks, therefore payments must be received in the office on or before the end of the grace period by 3:00 pm. However, if the tenth falls on a weekend or legal holiday, you have until the next business day to make payment. All payments may be made by cash, check, or money order.
- When paying in person, bring your entire bill with you so that we may receipt the back of the bill for you.
- When paying by mail, send the stub with your check and or if you wish to have a receipt, please send the entire bill with a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Howell Township Utility Collector
PO Box 580
Howell, NJ 07731
Double Check Your Checks
It is quite often necessary to return checks that are incorrectly written. These errors can result in delays that may cause interest charges for late payments. By following the pointers listed below we hope some of these most common errors can be avoided.
- Ensure the amount written out matches the amount in the number box. This is the most common error.
- Your check must be made payable to Township of Howell only.
- Make sure your check is signed and dated.
- Please make sure the account you are writing the check on is valid.