The Tax Collector’s office is currently working on printing bills and getting them ready for mailing. Tax bills will be mailed out on August 8, 2022. You will have until Friday September 2, 2022 to pay your bill without interest. Bills are available for viewing or payment online at the Howell Township website: https://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp/?wippid=1321.
The Howell Township Tax Collector’s office aims to provide the best customer service while fulfilling the monetary obligation charged to this office for the purposes of Howell Township, Monmouth County, Local and Regional Schools and the five Howell Township Fire Departments.
The New Jersey State Statutes charges the tax collector with collecting funds needed to support local government, county government, school districts, and fire districts.
Howell Township Tax Search
Howell Township is temporarily suspending its "Tax Search" web site service. Basic property tax information can be viewed through this LINK.
Tax collection due dates are as follows: February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1. By resolution the Township Council permits a grace period. The grace period for the current year is 10 calendar days. All tax payments are to be received in the Tax Collector’s office by 3:00 pm on the tenth day of the month in which they are due.
Should the tenth fall on a weekend or holiday the following regular business day will be the last day of the grace period. Any payments received after 3:00 pm will be posted on the following business day with all interest and penalties due for that posting date.
A municipal liens sale is held annually to cure delinquent accounts. Municipal charges include but are not limited to: taxes, sewer charges, special assessments, bulk pickup fees, and pad fees.
Five deductions are allowed by New Jersey State Statutes: senior citizens, surviving spouses of qualified senior citizens, veterans, veteran’s widows / widowers and disabled persons. Information regarding application forms and qualifications may be obtained by contacting the Tax Assessors office.
New Jersey Property Tax Relief Programs
The State of New Jersey provides information regarding the following programs at their website or by calling the following numbers:
- Property tax reimbursement (senior freeze)
- To check status of a filed application: 1 (800) 882-6597
- To ask questions: 1 (800) 882-6597
- To listen to information or order an application: 1 (800) 323-4400
- Homestead rebate
- Infoline: 1 (888) 238-1233
- TTY users: 1 (800) 286-6613
Help Us Help You
If any of the following pertain to you, please read through for some tips to help us help you.
Buying and Selling
- When you sell your home, make a copy of your bill for your records and present the new owner with the original bill at the closing.
- If you have bought a property and did not receive a bill at your closing, you must contact this office for a duplicate bill. Bills are not issued due to sales. Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt you from paying taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes.