Team Adventure Summer Camp Counselor Position
The Township of Howell is seeking summer camp counselors for their Special Needs Team Adventure program. Team Adventure is designed for teens and adults with special needs ages 14 to 35. Campers may have developmental, physical, neurological, learning and/or mental impairments. The Team Adventure Program will run for 5 weeks, Mondays through Fridays, July 2 – August 3 from 9:00am – 3:00pm. Pay $9.50 - $11.00 per hour.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· Pursuing or possessing a degree in education, recreation, social work, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, psychology or related field preferred.
· Desire to work with teens/adults and a willingness to learn.
· Maturity, good moral character, and integrity.
· Must be able to monitor the safety and well-being of campers.
· Model appropriate behavior and use positive behavior-management techniques.
· Must be able to actively participate in a variety of activities, including swimming.
· Must pass background checks.
· At least one year experience working with teens/adults.
· Experience working with teens/adults with special needs preferred.
· Experience in a school or camp setting preferred.
All persons interested in applying for this position should submit a resume to Steven Fecher at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 24, 2018. EOE